Friday, February 24, 2012

Viva Las Buffet

I'm headed to Vegas with a rowdy group of coworkers from the high school to spend a girls' weekend with heck-raising educators. That's right...only "heck" will be raised. We all need our jobs too bad to risk a scandalous picture going up on Facebook.

I'm looking forward to this trip for several reasons - spending time with really, really fun women, shopping (at Costco Business Center, Smart & Final, Marshall's - PARTY!), going to see Beatles' Love at the Mirage, and of course...dinner. And maybe lunch tomorrow. With possibly breakfast in between. Yeah, I'm worried. There may be a buffet involved so I thought that maybe if I posted my intentions on this blog, the preemptive strike might keep me balanced and focused. So here goes.

I intend to spend more money on non-food, non-gambling items than on food. If a buffet is involved, I will stray towards the salad bar and ignore the dessert bar. I will strive to remember who I am, what I am, and what I stand for. I will walk the Strip with vigor so that anything consumed will also be expended. I will not take snacks to the show. And I will have a great time.

So there it is. If I get to meet Chumlee, so much the better. I'll give the full report on my return. Please send positive vibes, 'cause I'm going to need them.

Mmmmmmm...shrimp....

No comments:

Post a Comment